Life after marriage is not all play and games. The ground reality is you can’t just impress your man by looking pretty and sweet-talking. You have to put in some time, effort, and dedication. In most wives, cooking for their husbands out of love and impressing them with their dishes is in-built and if you are up to trying to impress your man with the right dishes, we have got you covered.
01. Chocolate Cake:
This is my favorite dessert to satisfy my husband’s sweet tooth. This recipe is particularly special for women who don’t have electric/gas ovens because it’s a microwave cake recipe that results in the softest cake.
- Take half a cup of cocoa powder, melt it in 1 cup hot water and mix them well on low heat.
- Squeeze one lemon to one cup of milk and leave it well covered for 10 minutes.
- Mix three eggs, above mentioned milk, 4 spoons melted butter, and 3 spoons oil in a beater or beat well with the help of a whisk.
- Add the chocolate mixture inside now and add two spoons of Nutella. (Optional)
- In a separate container take crushed sugar 2.5 cups, flour 2.5 cups, salt one tbsp. baking soda 1 tbsp. and 3 tbsp. dry milk (optional). Mix well.
- Fold the liquid batter in the dry mixture now and mix but without a machine with a whisk or a spoon. If you are using a spoon rotate it in circular quick motions.
- Take a microwavable pan. Add oil to the pan and use a tissue to oil all the sides of the pan. This is important. Make sure you have oiled the whole surface of the pan.
- Apply butter paper on the bottom side of the pan (optional: I don’t do this)
- Now add the batter to the pan and microwave it for 10 minutes straight.
- After 10 minutes keep checking with a knife. If the knife is clean take it out.
- Let the cake cool down and then dish it out.
- Melt Nutella in two tbsp. warm water. Pour it over the cake and cool the cake.
02. Shashlik Rice:
Arrange a romantic candlelight dinner with this recipe. The husband will be forever grateful for the surprise.
- Chicken marination: Add chicken 300 g in a bowl. Add black pepper 3/4th tbsp., red chilies 1/2 tbsp., Salt 1/2 tbsp., Sugar 1/2 tbsp., Soya sauce 3 tbsp., Vinegar 1 tbsp., Marinate leave for a half-hour. Cook the marinated chicken in 2 tbsp. oil on slow flame.
- Vegetables: Sauté tomatoes 3-4, bell pepper 2-3, and one onion large diced for one minute or per taste.
- Sauce: Take 3-4 cloves chopped garlic in 1 tbsp. of oil. Add tomato sauce one cup, chili sauce two tbsp., ketchup four tbsp., salt 1/2 tbsp., Sugar 1/2 tbsp., black pepper 1/2 tbsp., vinegar 1 tbsp., water 1/2 cup, cornflour 1 tbsp. in two tbsp. water. Cook on medium flame and adjust per taste. Add chicken and sautéed vegetables to the sauce.
- Egg Fried Rice: Chop one onion and caramelize in two-three tbsp. oil. Dice carrots and band gobhi, add to the pan, and sauté. Add black pepper one tbsp. Add an omelet cut into small pieces to the pan. Add boiled rice and mix well
- Assembling: Press fried rice into a small bowl and empty it on the plate. Now add the shashlik on the sides of the plate and serve hot.
03. Alfredo Pasta:
- Boil one packet pasta in salted water but not completely. Keep it a little hard.
- Take half kilogram boneless chicken and marinate it with salt pepper as per taste and two tbsp. yogurt for a while
- Fry the chicken in 2-3 tbsp of oil on slow flame.
- When it’s done remove the chicken from the oil and fry two large onions in the same pan.
- Now add 2-3 capsicums and stir fry for a while.
- Add spices to your taste.
- Add the already fried chicken. Then add the half boiled pasta and add one glass of milk.
- Add parmesan cheese as per taste and let it cook.
- Dish it out.
- Add cheddar cheese to the top of the dish and bake until the cheese melts.
04. Chicken Jalfrezi:
- Take 4 medium-sized or 3 large-sized tomatoes in 7-10 spoon oil leave to form paste on slow flame.
- Marinate one kg boneless chicken in 3 tbsp. yogurt, Shan jalfrezi masala one packet, and 1/2 spoon turmeric powder for 25 minutes.
- Add 3-4 diced tomatoes to chicken and leave to cook for a half-hour on slow flame.
- Add 2-3 bell pepper, one onion, and green chilies as per taste all largely diced.
- At the end add two tbsp. cream.
- Simmer until oil separates.
05. Paratha Rolls:
- For marination: Add 2 tbsp. zeera, 3 tbsp. red chili 3 tbsp. salt, a pinch of coriander powder, one tbsp. garlic ginger paste, 3 eggs, 1.5 cup of milk, 1.5 tbsp. lemon juice in a bowl. Add chicken strips to the mixture and leave for 3-4 hours.
- For Coating: Take 1 cup flour, 1 cup cornflower, a pinch of red chilies, half tbsp. salt a pinch of coriander powder, a pinch of baking powder, and a pinch of black pepper.
- Coat the chicken with the flour mixture. Repeat coating. And fry on slow flame in oil until a nice brown.
- Take dawn parathay to fry them on the stove or as per the instructions on the back of the packet.
- For the sauce: mix mayonnaise ketchup and hot sauce in equal amounts and mix until a nice smooth paste is formed.
- Assembling: Coat the cooked parathay with the prepared sauce. Put cooked chicken and band gobhi in a straight line in the middle of the paratha, fold, and serve with French fries.
06. White Qorma:
- Take 2-3 medium size onions fry in oil. Make sure they stay white. Don’t caramelize.
- Take out the onions from the oil.
- Add one kg chicken in the same oil and let defrost and change color.
- Blend the fried onions, green chilies 4-5, and yogurt 5 tbsp.
- Add the one tbsp. ginger-garlic paste in chicken and salt per taste.
- Add blended yogurt mixture to the pan.
- Add sookha dhaniya and crushed zeera per taste.
- Let it cook on a light flame for 45 minutes.
- Add cream almost 2-3 tbsp.
- Let simmer until oil separates.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander and green chilies and serve with naan.
Which of these would you try? Also which is your go-to recipe to treat your husband? Let me know in the comments.