Top 08 Recipes To Impress Your Saas (Mother-In-Law)
First things first. Let me just state here that the famous saying “Shohar ke dil ka rasta uske pait se ho ke guzarta hai” (The path to a husband’s heart leads through his stomach) has probably been written by a mother-in-law desperate to see her daughter-in-law work hard in the kitchen, otherwise I think we all know men have different priorities rather than just eating good food. But yes, impressing the mother-in-law is also very important! so here are some recipes you might need to try out and impress your mother-in-law.
01. Besani (Gram Flour) Roti:
- Chop one onion, one tomato, one green chili, and coriander and set them aside.
- Mix three to four tbsp. besan (gram flour) and add salt and pepper to your taste. Add a little water and make a paste of thick consistency.
- Now add the chopped vegetables to the mixture. Your mixture is now ready.
- Flatten a roti and put it onto the warm Tawa (prefer a non-stick one). When one side is cooked, flip its side and add the mixture to the second side. Spread it out evenly and flip the roti very carefully.
- Let the besan cook and then add oil.
- Let the besan side of the roti turn golden or until it’s cooked and turn the flame off.
- Now serve with yogurt.
This recipe is best to impress your mother-in-law with a desi breakfast. Make tea and serve her breakfast in bed to win her heart directly.
02. Restaurant Style Tikka Handi:
- Chop chicken into small boneless pieces.
- Now add salt, red pepper, black pepper, garam masala, turmeric, coriander powder, chaat masala, and garlic powder to your taste as per the amount of chicken you are using.
- Next, add two tbsp. lemon juice and food color and mix well.
- Leave the chicken to marinate for thirty minutes.
- After the chicken has completed its marinating time, take a pan, add three tbsp. oil to it and then add the chicken. Let it change its color on medium flame.
- Now add three tbsp. yogurt, three ground onions, three ground tomatoes and one tbsp. ginger-garlic paste.
- Mix well and let it cook for 12-14 minutes until the oil separates.
- Add 3 tbsp. cream and let it cook for three minutes.
- Finally, add chopped coriander and serve with hot naan and salad.
03. Palak Gosht:
- Clean spinach and chop it finely.
- Now, boil it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain excess water and finely grind the spinach.
- Now, take a pan and add 13 spoons of oil.
- Add 02 daar cheeni (cinnamon) and 02 bari ilaichi (black cardamom).
- Add the already boiled spinach.
- In another pan, add meat and 01 clove of garlic and 02 large onions, salt, pepper, and turmeric as per your taste.
- Add water and let it cook for 30 minutes until the oil separates.
- Add 7-8 spoons oil.
- Add tomatoes and stir the mixture regularly.
- Add milk 1-1.5 cups.
- Mix the spinach with the meat (optional: remove ilaichi and daar cheeni).
- Let it cook for 30 minutes on low flame or until you think it’s ready to serve.
04. Chicken Pulao:
- Add chicken in 4-5 cups water.
- Add salt 1 tbs, red pepper as per taste, sookha dhaniya 2 tbs (dry coriander), saunf 1 tbs (fennel seeds), Moti ilaichi, black pepper and bay leaf.
- Add 2 long cinnamon sticks and 2 ilaichi (cardamom)
- Add 4-5 cloves of garlic and 2 large pieces of onion.
- Boil for 7-8 minutes
- Chop 2-3 medium-sized onions.
- Add to oil and caramelize the onions.
- Add onions and ginger extracted from the yakhni
- Take the chicken out from yakhni and cook well
- Then add red pepper 1 tbs and black pepper 0.5 tbsp. or as per taste.
- Measure the yakhni and add according to rice.
- When the yakhni starts boiling, add rice.
- When the water evaporates, cover the rice, cook on a very low flame (put on damm) for 4-5 minutes, and serve.
05. Sindhi Special Biryani:
- Chop onions – add ample amount (or use 4 large onions)
- Caramelize the onions.
- Add chicken.
- Add ginger-garlic paste 2 tbsp. and then wait for two minutes.
- When the chicken turns white, add potatoes (medium size cut in cubes).
- Now, blend yogurt, podina (fresh mint), Shan Biryani masala (rice after taking out alubukhara), and tomato.
- Add this mixture to the pan and cook.
- Taste salt and pepper and add accordingly.
- Now, cook until the oil separates.
- Boil rice in ample water. Add a pinch of salt and bay leaves while boiling.
- Strain rice and remove bay leaves.
- Form layers (optional add Alu Bukhara, also known as sweet dried plums), podina, and tomato slices in layers
- Cook on very low flame (put on damm) for 10 minutes or until fully cooked.
06. Aloo Gosht:
- Add meat in 3 cups of water, add onions and garlic.
- Add salt, pepper, and turmeric.
- Let the meat cook for 40 minutes
- Add oil 7-8 spoon cook.
- Add tomatoes
- Add yogurt 3 tbsp. and black pepper as per taste.
- Add potatoes (cut into cubes) and cook for a while.
- Add water 2 – 2.5 cups
- Sprinkle garam masala and coriander at the end and cover with a lid.
07. Achar Chicken:
- Take 3 large or 4 medium chopped tomatoes and cook to form a paste in 10 tbsp. oil.
- Marinate chicken with yogurt, ginger garlic paste, and Shan Chicken Achar masala.
- When tomato paste is done, add it to the chicken and cook on low flame.
- Let it cook for 45 minutes.
- When nearly done, add lemon juice of 1 lemon.
- For garnishing add 2-3 green chilies filled with Achar Chicken masala and lemon juice in damm
- Let sit for approximately 5 minutes.
08. Kalay Channay (Chickpeas):
- Add chanay in lots of water in a cooker (like you would do with meat), add garlic 4-5 cloves, ginger small piece, onions, and small cinnamon stick. Add salt, pepper, and turmeric as well.
- Let it cook under pressure for 30 minutes approximately.
- Cook the chanay until the water dries up.
- Add oil about 7 tbsp.
- Add one tomato.
- Add yogurt 2 tbsp.
- Keep the flame low and let the oil separate.
- Add water 2-3 cups for gravy as per your taste.
Which of the above recipes would you try? Also, which one is your go-to dish to impress your mother-in-law? Let me know in the comments.
Looking forward to make Restaurant style tikka karahi. in shaa Allah soon.
Mouth watering. Tried the pasta just today and my husband cant stop praising it.
Yummy 😁 will try